MYERS AUTOMOTIVE GROUP
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Dealership Controller is responsible for financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures for the accounting operations of the dealership. The Controller will coordinate the preparation of statements, analyze results, and provide accurate and timely reporting to management.
The Controller is a key member in leading the dealership’s finance and accounting team, playing a pivotal role in team building, ensuring accurate and timely financial reporting and providing valuable insight and financial analysis to senior management to support the company’s objectives.
I. Financial Operations and Compliance
- Oversee and review accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll while providing guidance, training and support to your team
- Evaluate and develop business protocols to increase process efficiencies, maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly financial statements, monthly expense analysis, and monthly balance sheet analysis and reconciliations (Bank Rec.)
- Manage and comply with government reporting requirements, HST/QST/PST, WSIB and other regulated filings as required.
- Prepare and file various dealership reports such as, but not limited to, Finex, Performance Group Supplemental report, OEM Account Reconciliation reports.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of store budgets and financial forecasts and report variances.
- Prepare quarterly/annual financial reports.
- Organize information and statements for audits performed by external auditors.
- Monitor bank account balances and transactions (Positive Pay).
- Organize and approve payroll, including bonus and commission payments and reconciliations. Complete all supporting reports timely and in accordance with company policy.
II. Department Management
- Provide leadership and guidance to team.
- Responsible for ensuring that high levels of productivity and quality are maintained.
- Deliver effective training sessions that support growth, and ensure relevant knowledge and skills are transferred.
III. Industry (Automotive) Specific
- Responsible for reconciling Parts Inventory monthly and annually, in accordance with company policy.
- Oversee Demo Vehicles, prepare monthly reports, and accident notifications.
- Prepare used-car monthly inventory counts.
- Other duties and reports as required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Accounting designation or an equivalent combination of related experience and education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years accounting experience in a senior accounting or financial management role
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Impeccable analytical and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Ability to work closely with a senior management team
If interested, please contact email@example.com in confidence.