Licensed Automotive Technician - Myers Barrhaven Subaru
Title: Licensed Automotive Technician
Location: Myers Barrhaven Subaru
Myers Automotive Group is all about Ottawa. The people on our team are your friends and neighbours. Our kids go to school together, play sports together, and succeed together. We sit on parents’ councils and volunteer with you to make good things happen. We sponsor teams and charity events. We are the community we serve.
We stand behind a solid reputation that we built the “hard way”: By attracting the best staff and the best customers, from one generation after another. From founder to Hank Mews in 1975, and then to his sons Harry and Rob in 2003, each leader of Myers Automotive Group has unwaveringly committed to Ottawa. This dedication fueled Myers' growth to a robust enterprise with 16 dealerships and 3 CARSTAR collision centres, employing nearly 1,000 staff.
Come join our team!
Myers Automotive Group is looking to fill the position of Licensed Automotive Technician for our newest store, Myers Barrhaven Subaru, opening in the spring of 2024. We would love to hear from you If you are driven by performing quality work and providing excellent customer satisfaction.
What you will do:
- Maintain vehicle functional condition by listening to operator complaints; completing inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical system malfunctions; replacing parts and components.
- Verifies vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems as required.
- Comply with provincial vehicle requirements.
- Maintaining vehicle records in our internal system
- Help keep the shop and equipment clean and safe.
- Coordinate and process the transaction in a quick and effective manner.
For this role, come equipped with:
- High energy, being organized, and self-motivated
- Have a strong work ethic and a proven commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
Please note: Myers proudly offers its employees a comprehensive and competitive total rewards package that features:
- bonus incentive plans (where applicable)
- career mobility
- flexible benefits
- paid leaves
- commission package (where applicable),
- good work/life balance
- robust health & well-being initiatives
- and on-going training.
Don't check off every single bullet point? At Myers, we prioritize the right fit for our organization over a strict checklist of criteria. We encourage applications from individuals whose backgrounds may not perfectly align.
Qualified applicants can apply in confidence to: