Brakes: get the basics on brake servicing, brake pad or shoe replacement service, and brake rotor and drum replacement service.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I CHECK MY BRAKES?
Myers recommends having brakes inspected every 6 months or 10,000kms of driving. Get it done as a courtesy inspection when you do any fall or spring maintenance, or when you notice any of the following symptoms:
- When braking you hear a squealing or high pitched sound
- Vehicle pulls to left or right when braking
- Brake pedal feels different than normal or you have difficulty stopping
- Parking brake doesn’t work
- Dash brake light or ABS light stays on
Myers always offers courtesy brake inspections for all makes and models of cars, trucks, SUVs and minivans.
Safety comes first, so if you aren’t sure how your brakes are doing, book an appointment today!
Have you had your brakes inspected already and you are looking to get the service done? All Myers locations offer price matching on brake services and same brand parts! Trust our professional mechanics with your brake repair or replacement.
Proper brake maintenance and tune up usually consists of the following, depending on if your vehicle has disc brakes or drum brakes.
REPLACEMENT OF BRAKE PADS OR BRAKE SHOES*:
Brake pad or shoe replacement is recommended when pads or shoes are worn down to wear bars:
- Standard brake servicing (above or left)
- Replacing the brake pads or shoes
- Inspection of master cylinder, brake lines and hoses
- Lateral run out inspection
STANDARD BRAKE SERVICING*:
- Inspect front and rear brakes
- lean and remove any debris or corrosion on brake parts
- Lubricate any moving brake components
- Reassembling brakes and road test to ensure no additional service required.
REPLACEMENT OF BRAKE DRUMS OR BRAKE ROTORS*:
- Replacement of brake rotors and brake drums
- Replacement of brake pads or shoes service (if needed)
*This is a general brake service recommendation for most vehicles, excluding medium duty trucks and commercial vehicles. Contact our service department and get your brakes inspected for an estimate on your recommended brake service or brake repair.