Apprentice Technician - Myers Manotick Jeep
Title: Apprentice Technician
Location: Myers Manotick Jeep RAM Dodge Chrysler
Myers Automotive Group is all about Ottawa. The people on our team are your friends and neighbours. Our kids go to school together, play sports together, and succeed together. We sit on parents’ councils and volunteer with you to make good things happen. We sponsor teams and charity events. We are the community we serve.
We stand behind a solid reputation that we built the “hard way”: By attracting the best staff and the best customers, from one generation after another. From founder to Hank Mews in 1975, and then to his sons Harry and Rob in 2003, each leader of Myers Automotive Group has unwaveringly committed to Ottawa. This dedication fueled Myers' growth to a robust enterprise with 16 dealerships and 3 CARSTAR collision centres, employing nearly 1,000 staff.
Come join our team!
What you will do:
- Assist automotive technicians in performing automotive repairs and maintenance tasks.
- Follow instructions and learn how to diagnose and troubleshoot automotive issues.
- Perform basic automotive repairs, such as changing oil, rotating tires, and replacing filters.
- Assist in disassembling and assembling automotive components.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Diagnose, repair, and complete approved service on customer vehicles.
- Inform customers and advisors on work performed, general vehicle condition, and future repair requirements.
- You will also be responsible for following our safety protocols.
For this role, come equipped with:
- A strong work ethic.
- The ability to work in a team setting.
- The ability to lift heavy objects and perform physical tasks.
- Mechanical aptitude and understanding of automotive systems.
- Knowledge of automotive repair procedures and techniques.
- Ability to use power tools and hand tools effectively.
Please note: In addition to the base salary, Myers proudly offers its employees a comprehensive and competitive total rewards package that features:
- Bonus incentive plans (where applicable)
- Aareer mobility
- Flexible benefits
- Paid leaves
- Commission package (where applicable),
- Good work/life balance
- Robust health & well-being initiatives
- On-going training.
Don't check off every single bullet point? At Myers, we prioritize the right fit for our organization over a strict checklist of criteria. We encourage applications from individuals whose backgrounds may not perfectly align.
Qualified applicants can apply in confidence to:
PJ Diegel – Service Manager – at email@example.com